In recent years, the number of franchises has greatly increased due to modern technology and a stronger than ever attitude of business entrepreneurship.
This means that there are now many kinds of franchise business opportunities to choose from. While many of them do require a brick and mortar building, many of them also can be run from your home.
You have many possibilities, and this enables you to start looking along the line of your interests. Your interests should play a large part in your choice because you will be working at getting your franchise business established for many hours a day. It will most likely be much more than a 40-hour week.
Here is an overview of the many types of franchises that are available:
- Automotive Franchises – General shops; specialty shops – transmissions, muffler, tires, detailing, rentals, etc.
- Beauty Franchises – Tanning, nail salons, hair salons, weight loss, cosmetics, etc.
- Business Opportunities – franchise opportunities
- Business Services – Medical billing, paralegal services, payroll, taxes, business management, consulting, pre-employment screening, and much more.
- Children Related – Tutoring, fitness, photography, games, and more.
- Cleaning and Maintenance – Commercial and home cleaning, carpet, rental, air duct and HVAC systems, etc.
- Computer and Internet – Technical services, computer games
- Education Franchises – Business coaching, tutoring for children, science programs, and more.
- Financial Services – Credit repair, financing, tax preparation, and more.
- Food & Drink Franchises – Pizza shops, juice bars, coffee shops, restaurants, fast food, and more.
- Health & Fitness – Nutrition, diet centers, fitness classes, senior fitness, drug testing, tanning centers, and more. See alsofitness jobson JobMonkey.
- Home Related – Handyman, furniture repair, lawn care, security, remodeling, insulation, roofing, painting, pest control, etc.
- Miscellaneous – Vending, laundry and dry cleaning, transportation, wedding and event planning, etc.
- Pet Services – Pet food, pet supplies, pet care, and more.
- Photo and Video – Children’s photography, team photography, trophies, DVD rental kiosks, video stores, etc.
- Printing and Packing – Shipping, imprinting, and copies.
- Retail Franchises – Party stores, apparel, convenience stores, electronics stores, hardware, eye care stores, pharmacies, sports stores, telecommunications, and much more.
- Senior Services – Assisted living, senior care, walk-in medical clinics, and more.
- Sports and Recreation – Sportswear, nutrition, fitness centers, children’s fitness, massage and spas, campgrounds, etc.
- Travel Franchises – Cruise planning, hotel reservations, transportation, etc.
In addition to the above categories, there are also special categories that deal with either various groups of people or certain types of franchises. Here are a few of them:
- Green Franchises
- Low Cost Franchises
- SBA Approved Franchises
- Veterans Franchises
- Women’s Franchises
- Work From Home
As you can see from this list – which is not at all complete – there are plenty of franchise opportunities available. All you need to do now is to find one that matches your interests – and start investigating it.